When the Help to Buy: Equity Loans first launched, the only bank offering mortgages that could be used with the scheme was the Halifax. Fortunately, they’re also ‘contractor friendly’ otherwise would have been stuck.
A few more providers have since turned up. I’ve listed the ones I have found below (Disclaimer: please note I am not suggesting you take out any of these or that you will get accepted/offered. Contact a financial adviser for proper advice, but these may help point you/them in the right direction! These are only correct as of the time I found them 23 May 2013.)
- Halifax – 3.19% fixed for 2 years, £999 product fee
- RBS/Natwest -3.15% fixed for 2years or 3.59% fixed for 5years, no product fee
- Barclays/Woolwich – 3.89% fixed for 3 years, £299 product fee
- Newbury Building Society – 3.59% (SVR – 0.86%) for 3 yrs, £500 fee.
Update 28th May – Looks like Nationwide are jooining the party with an attractive rate:
- Nationwide – 2.54% fixed for 2 yrs or 2.64% fixed for 3 yrs, £999 fees.